sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

some people...!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: some people...!!!!!   Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 am

Took my son on his 1st boat trip yesterday. The fishing was absolutely perfect and the skipper was first class.

But I was amazed at the behaviour of some of the other passengers. A couple of them wouldn't unhook their catch because they didn't like touching fish! The language was choice - I'm no prude but there were kids on board. One fella was smoking dope - I think we all got high off his fumes. Perhaps worst of all was the way that the fish were treated. Mack were left to die slowly in buckets of water. Fish were being brutally unhooked then despatched (why not despatch them first?) Most sickening of all though was watching a large bull huss being gutted and de-finned whilst still alive.

Please tell me its not just me and that there are other anglers out there that treat their catch (and their fellow humans) with some degree of respect.

OK rant over, we still had a great day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some people...!!!!!   Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 am

It should have been up to the skipper to police what happened on his boat. I've heard stories where skippers will return to port and eject anybody who doesn't stand by their rules. Many many years ago when uptiding was in it's infancy I was casting from one of the Rhyl boats, and was told quite bluntly if I carried on I'd be over the side. I had to respect the skipper, his boat, his rules.
Back to top Go down
joe roberts
Sea Snake Hunter

Number of posts : 382
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3689

PostSubject: Re: some people...!!!!!   Tue May 29, 2012 2:43 pm

name and shame the boat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some people...!!!!!   Tue May 29, 2012 3:21 pm

joe roberts wrote:
name and shame the boat.

No. Absolutely not! The skipper was great and to be fair, so were most of the passengers.
Just a small minority that should be ashamed.
Back to top Go down
o2b@c
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 47
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2047

PostSubject: Re: some people...!!!!!   Tue May 29, 2012 4:07 pm

There are sum very very sick people out there Mcc and give us fellow fisherman a bad name! Im just glad its a very very small minority. May b we should try doin the same to them ??? Evil or Very Mad

[quote]joe roberts wrote:
name and shame the boat.

NO NEED!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some people...!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

some people...!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Charter Boat Reports-