sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Easter Bass Hunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Boat : Cluless too
Venue : Prestatyn
Weather : Bright Sunny
Bait : Fresh Lug

With the weather set fair & armed wih plenty of fresh lug it was time to take a trip out to hunt some early Bass, reports of a couple of schoolies being caught the previous day filled us with more than a bit of optimism.
We headed out to the banks & dropped anchor, the conditions were picture perfect



It wasn't long before the rod tip dipped & a small dab was landed followed by a small whiting, it was a bit slow at our first mark so the anchor was hauled in & we headed for an area that had produced for us last summer.
Freshly baited hooks cast out the wait began again when the silence was broken by the spool spinning on the bait runner, a nice struggle commenced & before long the first bass of the season made it to the boat





Again it wasn't long before it was my turn as line was being stripped from my bait runner, winding down on the fish followed by a solid strike I felt the weight of what I knew was going to be a good fish. A bass of 5lb plus broke the surface, a great start to the new season.



We had one more move & ended the day with a nice flounder



GOOD TIMES Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twista
Dab Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 44
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3196

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Nice bass there Mark cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://prestatyn-sc.co.uk/
spaceman
Tope Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 1073
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4313
Location : Mold the home of the Spaceman

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:20 pm

Well done and great report.

Cool Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6702
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 pm

A fantastic result there!!!!!!!

What a glorious day to be out on a boat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:26 pm

fairziff wrote:
A fantastic result there!!!!!!!

What a glorious day to be out on a boat.

you've done it now Mark, he'll clear them out as well now
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:40 pm

anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
fairziff wrote:
A fantastic result there!!!!!!!

What a glorious day to be out on a boat.

you've done it now Mark, he'll clear them out as well now

Should be OK for now Cash Converters don't sell Bass lol! lol! lol!

lets hope they don't start selling Bass traps Shocked affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6702
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:51 pm

clueless too wrote:
anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
fairziff wrote:
A fantastic result there!!!!!!!

What a glorious day to be out on a boat.

you've done it now Mark, he'll clear them out as well now

Should be OK for now Cash Converters don't sell Bass lol! lol! lol!

lets hope they don't start selling Bass traps Shocked affraid Shocked

If only!!!!!!!!

<note to self - must get a boat>
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
headwyn
Wolf Fish Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 1895
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5440
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Good report and photos!

Well done on the Bass cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese
avatar

Number of posts : 4432
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8934
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 am

The active DIY jobs have just moved to the pending file, pass me that rod..
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Nice pics i didnt catch the GPS position in your report please post it ASAP
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Don't have a GPS but I do have a post code BO11 0KS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:04 pm

fairziff wrote:


<note to self - must get a boat>

If you're thinking seriously Mike, i know someone selling an explorer, 75hp e-tec, full package navman electrics etc. or maybe you're thinking bigger
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6702
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:23 pm

anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
fairziff wrote:


<note to self - must get a boat>

If you're thinking seriously Mike, i know someone selling an explorer, 75hp e-tec, full package navman electrics etc. or maybe you're thinking bigger

Thanks for the info but I'm still in the dreaming stage Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 pm

fairziff wrote:


Thanks for the info but I'm still in the dreaming stage Sleep Sleep Sleep

we've still got room for a crewman though
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6702
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:30 pm

anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
fairziff wrote:


Thanks for the info but I'm still in the dreaming stage Sleep Sleep Sleep

we've still got room for a crewman though

I'll be happy to take you up on that offer Tony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 pm

fairziff wrote:


I'll be happy to take you up on that offer Tony.

like i've already said Mike, you know where you stand, give us a call when you're off work
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:01 am

Thanks for the post code i will try it in the near future Laughing
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6702
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:54 am

anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
fairziff wrote:


I'll be happy to take you up on that offer Tony.

like i've already said Mike, you know where you stand, give us a call when you're off work

Cheers Tony!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:58 am

Anybody with a towbar who can tow the boat from near Prestatyn Golf course to Prestatyn Sailing Club, about half a mile is welcome to go out with me. 2-3 can fish comfortably.

Don't get my licence back 'til November.
Back to top Go down
steve@supreme
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 252
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3420
Location : SUNNY RHYL

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:42 pm

clueless too wrote:
Don't have a GPS but I do have a post code BO11 0KS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.SUPREME2.CO.UK
simon parry
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 292
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3510
Location : Kinmel Bay

PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 am

i reckon i know where he's fishing. fancy going for them myself
Back to top Go down
http://www.fish-jensen.co.uk
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 pm

well done matey
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 pm

simon parry wrote:
i reckon i know where he's fishing. fancy going for them myself


Beware I've have a torpedo with your name on it lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:03 pm

clueless too wrote:
simon parry wrote:
i reckon i know where he's fishing. fancy going for them myself


Beware I've have a torpedo with your name on it lol! lol! lol!

you'll need a magnetic one , we've got a plastic boat
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 pm

anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
clueless too wrote:
simon parry wrote:
i reckon i know where he's fishing. fancy going for them myself


Beware I've have a torpedo with your name on it lol! lol! lol!

you'll need a magnetic one , we've got a plastic boat

No need for one of those this one homes in on Liverpol fans, should wipe out half the Rhyl fleet in one go cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Easter Bass Hunt   

Back to top Go down
 
Easter Bass Hunt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-
Jump to: