sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bass baits north wales beachs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

bass baits north wales beachs Empty
PostSubject: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:07 am

its coming up to that time of year again bass cheers . All my bass i have caught on these beaches have all been on fresh black our the better bait of the two i think is fresh blow lug for bass. I have neves caught a bass on frozen black and i have tryed a few times without success . I think it washed out and as nt got much scent our blood left in it unlike fresh worm. Be interested to here what u other angler catch ur bass on . P s i have had them on peeler crab as well . I also have never caught a bass on frozen sand eel either only doggies and thornies. Has anyone had much luck on there beaches with mackeral baits.
Back to top Go down
donutbob
Pollock Hunter

Number of posts : 102
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4501

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi Tim, i had a bass off North Shore last year on sandeel, only the one mind. I know quite a few people who've had success with sandeel catching bass.
Steve.
Back to top Go down
wormdrowner
Cod Hunter

Number of posts : 210
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5484

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:15 pm

almost all my bass have been caught on fresh blow lug
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1288
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7043

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Musselboy still reminds me that I made him leave half an hour too early that night!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:21 am

the top bass bait is what there feeding on at the time your fishing find that out and your in its the same for any fish.
what i find strange is if your fishing high tide with lug and the lug beds are 300 yards out and your casting 150 100 or 80 yards and catching on lug why have the fish gone past the lug beds?
so what are they feeding on?
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6636

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:04 pm

I was out with eddythefly the other day we were fishing low and we were discussing baits ,,I was at A venue Last summer It was A venue pretty close to home, Its A well known spot for catching bass on peeler crab I fished the mark on fresh lug and got striped by crabs within mins of casting I can honestly say I have never seen as many bass in A spot before there were loads chasing sand eels and sprats (I think) the bass were coming to within feet from the shore there were cormorants and Loads of other sea birds diving and feeding every were you looked there were calm patches on the water I think from the oil in the bait fish as the bass fed were you cold Se large silver backs out of the water and the small bait fish shimmering in the sunlight I was seeing sand eels in the waters edge , The next day I returned armed with about 50+frozen peeler from my stock in the freezer and full of anticipation for the assault on the bass if they wee still there got there and it was flat calm as the day before and the gulls were out of shore diving down I fished one at range 100 yards + and one about 50 yards nothing at all the crab baits were coming back untouched as the tide turned the fish came in same as the day before so i moved x2 rods close in fish were now showing were my lines entered the water so i dropped a bait there it was so close I could Se my swivel of the top of the rig and there were bass breaking surface near the swivel i brought my rig in and took the leader of and put just A hook on with a large peeler crab bait on and free lined it and I got the feeling I may as well of been using an Easter egg for there was no interest in the bait at all I was recently digging some lug at the same venue and I was talking to A lad there he told me he had had some cracking bass from there on plugs +he had them on the flood and he invited me on A session plug fishing with him this year he was saying he had seen me there A few occasions but was unsure who I was so from my experience with sea fishing there are no top baits for bass depends on what there feeding on Ya I had loads of bass last year on fresh lug but when I saw the pics of the bass some others had on plugs, spinners, crab , sand eels, live baits And believe me I am talking bass to over double figures its an eye opening to be told that some of the big bass came from marks I had fished hope you find this interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:22 pm

very interesting clive . Have 2 have a session again mate . Going mostyn next sat 31 graham and logger both coming . Graham had three nice plaice there last weekend . Ps have u ever had a bass on frozen lug mate
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6636

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:55 pm

never ,,you know me mate fresh is best but then I am spoiled lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bass baits north wales beachs   bass baits north wales beachs Empty

Back to top Go down

bass baits north wales beachs
Page 1 of 1