sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can any body shed some light on the matter please??

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? Empty
PostSubject: Can any body shed some light on the matter please??   Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Hiya lads/ ladies???? Laughing A bit of advice needed on a grey area . Went fishing down to Mostyn on the weekend. Our chosen venue was by the ship hoping for an early plaice. As we got there in the early hours of Sunday morning we were confronted by a security guy. Cut a long long story short he then told us that we wernt allowed to fish infront of the ship as this was private property and that the council had put a fence up all the way down the beach to stop the theft of metal from the ship. As we then explained to him we were here fishing (hence the fishing rods in our hands and no blow torch Mad !!) and not stealing scrap metal !!
As we walked on down the beach i could see that somebody had put a line of barb wire along the beach. Now if that was the so called Council fence that the security guy had told us that the council had put up then somebody seriously needs to change jobs!!! Suspect Anyway back to the point as we started fishing back came the security guard to shout and ball about us being here. A few words were exchanged and in the end he got a bit nasty. He then decided to call the good old North Wales Police. As the police arrived we excplained the situation to him and he then told us to pack our stuff away and move on. Now this is were im hoping somebody can help?????

Am i right in saying that anywere below the tideline is what is classed as the "Queensland" and that we, a memeber of the public are allowed there?? Or im i wrong??
Also we did not cross any private property to get there just followed the tide line along to our chosen mark.

I hope somebody can clear this matter up for me as i want to return there sometime soon Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13893

PostSubject: Re: Can any body shed some light on the matter please??   Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Doesnt sound right to me mate but you should have a word with joe in jokers tackle shop he's pretty clued up on these sort of things scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can any body shed some light on the matter please??   Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm

id say you were in the wrong place. if you walked down to the ship via under the bridge opposite the pub (the old tavern). you must of walked down the left side of the stream instead of the right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can any body shed some light on the matter please??   Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks for your replies lads. Some usefull info there jack. It was the mostyn turning we took Jo and turned right at the bottom of the track down towards the ship that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can any body shed some light on the matter please??   Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:23 pm

o2b@c wrote:
Thanks for your replies lads. Some usefull info there jack. It was the mostyn turning we took Jo and turned right at the bottom of the track down towards the ship that way.

you were on the wrong side of it mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can any body shed some light on the matter please??   Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:18 pm

No we wanted to fish were we were because we have had many good days fishing there. Have fished in the same spot for 20 years and even had my pb plaice there so would be a great shame not to be able to fish there again. Crying or Very sad . I no the spot your talking about as it has been well highlited in a popular sea magazine last month. Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can any body shed some light on the matter please??   Can any body shed some light on the matter please?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can any body shed some light on the matter please??
Page 1 of 1