sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

First Fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wormdrowner
Cod Hunter

Number of posts : 210
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3024

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:58 pm

I,me with joker on my first fish must have been about 5 years old tackle was bit of cane cotton tied on the end, bent knob pin for hook and a bit of lobworm for bait, venue local disused canal. i was in heaven if i managed to catch a redbreast (male stickleback), O so long ago happy days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 am

Some great stories there. Although up to now most of the replies have been from anglers who started fishing when they were kids, what about those who started fishing much later in life, perhaps when they retired, I'm sure we'd like to hear what gave them the initiative to start this mad passion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:04 pm

joker44 wrote:
its a pity they wont teach fishing in schools as i think if more kids got the chance to try fishing then our sport could become much better through education (just my thoughts)
cheers joe

To many "Old Gits" and not enough young un's. Read this http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/Section/News--Catches/General-News/December-2009/Angling-survey-results/

I was thinking, bring back the Mr Crabtree books, that's what inspired a lot of young anglers, and guess what? they're already doing it cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/uncategorized/angler%e2%80%99s-mail-joins-hunt-for-mr-crabtree-tv-stars/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:18 pm

My hero Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 pm

He's back, although there's no set date for the TV programme.
http://mrcrabtreegoesfishing.com/
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4371
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8800

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Tony Lever wrote:
He's back, although there's no set date for the TV programme.
http://mrcrabtreegoesfishing.com/

It's just been trailed,

Quest Thursday at 9pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Programmed into Sky, with series link cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm

My first fish was a rainbow trout from Bishops bowl near Lemington Spa, when i was 18 from a boat,My nephew took me, my misses blame him for all my fishing.
The first seafish was a wrass from Brighton pier while on holiday age 20...wills
Back to top Go down
Logger
Great White Hunter

Number of posts : 5630
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9441

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 am

The first fish i caught were Minnows in the river Cherwell which flowed through the Oxfordshire village where i was brought up Very Happy
Kept them in a jam jar Exclamation How cruel was that Rolling Eyes I know better these days Wink
First sea fish was a Mackerel, like so many other anglers im sure clown

Of my three lads only two enjoy the sport, Jack likes fishing for pleasure as do I and Hari prefers the matches these days since he joined
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club last year Smile

No photos of my first fish but here's Jacks

And here's Hari's

Just need to get the eldest into it now although he has fished and bagged up on Whiting during the silly season of Autumn when the Whiting are
almost suicidal, but decided it wasn't for him and no amount of persuasion or bribes can alter this so perhaps its a lost cause Sad
Never mind it just means there's more for the rest of us lol! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Has anybody been following the new "Mr Crabtree" series on TV, and what are your opinions.

Personally I found it a bit slow. Maybe if they do another series and include sea and fly fishing as well, it might be a bit more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4371
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8800

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Tony Lever wrote:
Has anybody been following the new "Mr Crabtree" series on TV, and what are your opinions.

Personally I found it a bit slow. Maybe if they do another series and include sea and fly fishing as well, it might be a bit more interesting.

All in favour of Fishing progs but it was a bit slow, there again the real thing is slower still.
Seemed to me the "Peters" didn't need "Crabtree" getting in their way though.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Porbeagle Hunter

Number of posts : 3220
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6918

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Notbad wrote:
Tony Lever wrote:

All in favour of Fishing progs but it was a bit slow, there again the real thing is slower still.
Seemed to me the "Peters" didn't need "Crabtree" getting in their way though.

I thought it was poor too much banging on about crabtree and not enough fishing or
talking about rigs and fish species i think he needs to take a leaf out of robson green's book
on how to make a fishing program lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: bass   Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:36 pm

cheers my first fish was 4 years ago i was on splash point just thrown it out no more than 15ft than bammmm had a nice little bass happy days been fishing ever since !!!!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Fish   

Back to top Go down

First Fish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: