sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6149

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Empty
PostSubject: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 am

Me & Sea junky had another session on Friday evening, the forecast (as late as 1pm) showed that the wind would drop to 7mph for the evening, well, the lying sods !! it was the windiest night I have had on there yet !

Fished outside the Cafe under the veranda for shelter. Baits were Mackerel, squid, sand eel and frozen black.

The fishing was very slow indeed, with Barrie Chuckle (oops, I mean Steve) only catching the one, but I managed double figures.

Here he is standing by his rods

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11002

And here her is standing by mine ! (definitely poaching)

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11001

And here's a few of my fish

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11011

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11010

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11009

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11008

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11007

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11006

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11005

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11004

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Fri09-12-11003

Nothing too exciting caught, but better than a blank.

Barrie Chuckle (oops, I mean Steve) got tangled up in the pier towards the end of the session and tried to hand line it in, resulting in getting his rig back, but an awful lot of swearing (I thought the chuckle Bros were child friendly ?) when all the line he had been pulling back in got into a big knot, he cut it out and asked me to show him the knot I use for my leader, this I did, and left him to trim the Knot down, HEY PRESTO !! here comes more swearing as he cut the wrong ends. By this time my sides were sore from laughing.

Any way, we packed in and headed back down the Pier, stopped and chatted to a lad for a while then headed for the gate.

After we had gone through the gate and I had re-locked it I tripped over something, then realised what it was, as I had been walking down the pier, the line had come out of the clip on my reel and emptied itself during the journey, I must of reeled back in over 100ft of line before my shock leader made an appearance !!

My own fault for laughing earlier I guess !!

Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9160

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:57 am

A great report Ian.

Good that you both had a laugh.

Well done for braving the conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am

cant beat hating the craic Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:32 am

In my defence the British bulldog (Ian) had the best patch of sea to fish in. My bit had the wrong kind of waves on it Wink As he said the forecast was looking good right up until we got there and found it blowing a right hooli. I was a night of learning, I learnt how to tie a new leader knot. How to make sure that when leaving the pier that your line is securely under you reel line clip. When we was standing down by the gate, and Ian was rewinding his line back onto his reel, I thought I saw a darlek making its was down the pier towards us, but it was a rubbish bin. Ian made a fair contribution towards the wind that night. In fact if he had worn a one piece he would of ended up looking like the Dunlop man. We met Andy Lee on our way off the pier, Nice to meet you mate and put a face to the name. Another thing we learned was that most of the fish where being caught at the land end of the pier, where there was little or no wind. And a much more comfy situation.
It was nice just to get out, Ian had a few fish, a good laugh (Mainly at my expense) but we did enjoy it. So cheers Ian, we must do it again soon.

Steve aka (Barry Chuckle)

PS

Who put that beach ball up the front of my one piece suit LOL Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6676

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:30 pm

good report sounds like another good session well done lads Wink
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:34 pm

seajunky wrote:
Another thing we learned was that most of the fish where being caught at the land end of the pier

cheers to me, to you!

I'm far from being an expert on the pier, but from the odd few times I've fished it, the first cabin on the right ( ie land end) does seem to fish better than the very end at High.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:28 pm

well done and nice to meet you both Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!   Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Chuckle Brothers live on Llandudno Pier !!!
Page 1 of 1