sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

sat 18th ,,, very very rough , but some good fishing ,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: sat 18th ,,, very very rough , but some good fishing ,    Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:40 am

picked up my bait from joes ( jokers )on friday , hoping that the forecast would change for saturday ........ left the club at 7.00am ,,,,, on the 1st weekend of the eddie lewis bass comp ,,,,, we were the only boat out ,,,,,, a bit rough to say the least , a bit of a swell in the morning , fished my 1st mark over the ebb ,,,,,
resulting in 1 small bass ,,,,, moved to mark 2 for the flood ,,,,,, seemed to be everything but bass , we managed , dogfish , smoothound ( put up a cracking fight on the spinning rods ), dabs , whiting , WEAVERS ,,,,,,, and then one bass , in size thank god , normally she would have gone back but on a comp day anything counts , 1st of the mark with a small ( in size ) bass ,,,,,,,,,,,
decided to move to another mark to see if we could produce the elusive larger bass , my crewman pulled the anchor as the sea was chopping up worse , westerly wind , the rope caught his hand on the stern post , resulting in a nasty injury , cleaned the wounds and bandaged him up , good reason to have a 1st aid kit onboard ,,,,, i radioed the club and the lads met me on the beach , dropped him off turned round and headed back out ,,lol,,,,,,,,,, he was ok , 4 stitches but ok ,,,,,,,
from there the weather and teh fishing got worse ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was like th ebearing sea on the banks , even managed a spider crab ,,,, tucked myself in behind the lighthouse for a couple of hours tryin for plaice to no luck .............. headed back out to the hilbre bank , to be called back in by mr clark the weather was really really picking up so headed home into the waves , thank god for 175,s this is when they prove themselves , she managed it with no problems at all ,,, cutting through some big seas worst ive been in for a long time to be met at the beach by 5 of the lads all with waders on boat onto the trailer no problem ,,, cheers boys , if carlsberg made boat clubs ,,,,,,,,,,,
all i all a fantastic day out ,,,, apart from my mates poorly hand ,,,,,,, good fishing , and black bart proved herself ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,, will post a vid and a few pics as soon as i can.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sat 18th ,,, very very rough , but some good fishing ,    Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Nath got to take the old hat of mate great skippering,boat looked great cutting thru the sea mate
Dale has done a great video below there will be no stopping her know
Does not show the sea as bad as it was from top of slip looking down

Perfect recovery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhgKCUBxsQ&p=D12703257AF3D58F
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sat 18th ,,, very very rough , but some good fishing ,    Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giHFCOp3AA

link to my vid ,,, taken on my ipod ,,,,,, while i was drivin lol,,,,,,,

thanks for a perfect recovery pal ,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sat 18th ,,, very very rough , but some good fishing ,    

Back to top Go down

sat 18th ,,, very very rough , but some good fishing ,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-