Go down 
AuthorMessage
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7106

blue shark ,,,, north wales ??????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue shark ,,,, north wales ???????   blue shark ,,,, north wales ??????? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Blue shark, on land, in Rhyl ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davellandudno/48586704/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blue shark ,,,, north wales ???????   blue shark ,,,, north wales ??????? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 pm

I remember years ago when crewing for my dad I set a rod out for tope for a woman on the boat and she had a blue shark around 40lb to the side of the boat but it bit through the trace before it was landed. I'm sure my dad has seen at least one other than that even longer ago. He'll probably say something on the subject
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blue shark ,,,, north wales ???????   blue shark ,,,, north wales ??????? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm

At a guess I'd have to say it was around the north hoyle buoy somewhere. It was just a general trip in the summer (most likely June/July) but must be about 13 years ago if not longer. I must of only been 11 or 12 years old. We do have a picture of her somewhere as she caught a gurnard weighing over 6lb too and my dad usually wrote the date on the back of his photos. Like Tony said though it's worth asking John povah. I did hear something about a thresher being caught once and the occasional porbeagle has been seen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blue shark ,,,, north wales ???????   blue shark ,,,, north wales ??????? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:13 am

fish-jensen wrote:
simon parry wrote:
At a guess I'd have to say it was around the north hoyle buoy somewhere. It was just a general trip in the summer (most likely June/July) but must be about 13 years ago if not longer. I must of only been 11 or 12 years old. We do have a picture of her somewhere as she caught a gurnard weighing over 6lb too and my dad usually wrote the date on the back of his photos. Like Tony said though it's worth asking John povah. I did hear something about a thresher being caught once and the occasional porbeagle has been seen
you should remember it well Simon, you were 11 years old and had your pb tope the same day
blue shark ,,,, north wales ??????? Simon210

That photo was when I was about 16 and the tope was 38lb. My biggest was 42lb. I don't know where the photo is now but I know it was the same year. don't remember it being the same day though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blue shark ,,,, north wales ???????   blue shark ,,,, north wales ??????? Empty

Back to top Go down

blue shark ,,,, north wales ???????
Page 1 of 1