sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New organisation RSA-UK

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New organisation RSA-UK Empty
PostSubject: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm

For quite a while now i have been trying to get WAG and various organisation to recognise the Welsh RSA, without success. Today I received this email. The time for being politicly ignorent has passed, and what with all of the new laws being introduced, such as the MCZ's, and the like, we need to have a voice apart from the angling trust, who refused to represent the Welsh anglers. Please see the email below, and a link to sign up for the RSA-UK. All it will cost you for a say is the price of a packet of worms.

Steve

A New Organisation for Sea Anglers is launched

One of the biggest complaints on the various fishing forums around the country these past year or so has been a recognition that the Sea Anglers of the UK have no organised body on whom they cane rely to support their views.

To address this Barry Luxton and Bob Shotter two keen Recreational Sea Anglers have put together a brand new internet based organisation that will provide the Anglers right across the United Kingdom with a platform to interact and form a democratically based agenda which can then be presented to the various organisations who’s decisions are set to affect sea angling in general.

The org will be known as RSA-UK is planed attract and work on behalf of all rod and line sea anglers of all disciplines, be that boat, shore, c&r or for the pot.

With an uncertain future there has never before been a need for sea anglers to unite and get involved as much as there is now and RSA-UK hopes to be able to provide a service to its members in a way in which those members chose.

RSA-UK will provide as much information as possible and will host open forums like many others but with one unique members only debating area were a vote will determine the democratic view of the members on each of the proposals suggested with regard all of the important issues affecting sea angling.

Membership will cost just £5.00 but we stress that the org is intended to be non profit making but the very principle of the org means it will be for the members them self to decide on the destiny of RSA-UK

Register to day and get a thirty day trial period during or after which we hope you will become full members of the UKs new sea fishing organisation.

www.rsa-uk.org

Tight lines Bob Shotter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 pm

is this the lot that are pushing for a lisence ????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 pm

No Jo not at all. It's the angling trust that are pushing for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:40 pm

no matter what we say or do we stil wont get them to listen to us
its a fact of the fishermans life mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 pm

I would like to think you are wrong mate. I beleive that we anglers do need to have a united voice, and somebody to be able to speak on our behalf. The commercial boys are organised, and they do get what they want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:01 pm

well i will just carry on fishing mate
dont do politics to much hassle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:07 pm

seajunky wrote:
I would like to think you are wrong mate. I beleive that we anglers do need to have a united voice, and somebody to be able to speak on our behalf. The commercial boys are organised, and they do get what they want.

commercial boys dont get what they want hence hughs fish fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:12 pm

[quote="billibuoy"]Copied from another forum.
this bit worries me - taken from the website
"Owned by partners Bob Shotter and Barry Luxton the organisation has been set up as a business with just two partners as opposed to a club which would require a full committee"

so now the big QUESTION WHO DO WE TRUST
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:14 pm

commercial boys dont get what they want hence hughs fish fight[/quote]

well said steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Steve, I have to agree with you on that one. Jo I did ask the question about licenses, this was the reply. The bit about it being a businesss is on the wirrel site, as I said on that site, that comment was misunderstood a bit insofar as, this is the full quote "Owned by partners Bob Shotter and Barry Luxton the organisation has been set up as a business with just two partners as opposed to a club which would require a full committee. Our aim is simply to provide a service to our members, whereby each and every member can have an equal say on how the organisation is to represent the views of RSA" Their site also claims that the RSA-UK is a none profit making concern.

Hi Steve

You asked where do RSA-UK stand on licenses, well the truth is I could not answer that, simply because the org is not set up with any set views or policy, it will be for members to debate such subjects and only after a vote by the members will we have a policy.

My personal view is much the same as was reflected a year or so ago when the subject raised its head. That is 'would having a license improve my fishing with more and bigger fish?' The idea of a few toilets did not really impress me much, so I’m against.

Having said that I note a good many are already resigning themselves to having the EU insist that we have one and to soften the blow, it could be free for a year or two but with fines for any one caught fishing without one.

As for the lobby that don’t do politics, we have to keep banging away at them with regard how they will feel at to loss of some hot fishing marks, 30% of our coast are to become MCAs many with restrictions and up to £50,000 fines to make sure they work.

Interesting times ahead that's for sure though they may not be pleasant.

Regards

Bob Shotter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:21 pm

just looked at the RSA forum very interseting scroll down to the north/south wales and it clearly says NEVER
i for one will not support the RSA
why has the threads on most forums been SHUT by the owners of the sites the RSA have started thier posts ?????????
not a good way to start thier plight
talking to some other ppl and from what they say the RSA is in it for themselves, it would appear that they are not very well liked unless you are from down south.
so my question is this
I AM INVITING THE RSA TO COME TO MY SHOP WITH CONCRETE PROOF THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE GOOD OF OUR SPORT
i for one will not hold my breath
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9151

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 pm

joker44 wrote:
why has the threads on most forums been SHUT by the owners of the sites the RSA have started thier posts ?????????

Nothing wrong with a healthy debate.
Long may it continue!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:28 pm

very true mike
just made me wonder why only the threads by the RSA were closed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:31 pm

I think it could be because it's a bit of a contensious issue Jo. Some people see it as being political, which a lot of anglers want to keep apart from their hobbys, and that is understandable. Thats ok for as long as it can remain seperate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:47 pm

the trouble is steve it never stays that way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm

email reply from RSA

Hello Joe

Simply put RSA-UK is a brand new organisation for sea anglers nationally.

The idea is to provide a platform where said anglers can debate various
issues and ultimately vote on motions that will then become the policy of
the org.

The org will then see that said views/policy of the members are brought to
the attention of the various governing bodies. (Defra. IFCAs, Natural
England, MMO, and all of the marine conservation orgs etc.)

It is the first org to offer the anglers of the entire UK the opportunity to
be involved and push forward democrat decisions.

If you require further information please give me a call on 01326 377313 or
07788 477447

Regards
Bob Shotter

why pay £5.00 sterling seems a waste of time to me we can debate on here for nothing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New organisation RSA-UK   New organisation RSA-UK Empty

Back to top Go down

New organisation RSA-UK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: