sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Tried another 2 wrecks managed a fish (Jamie) Fantastic day to be on the water a little cold on the way out every thing was frozen but once we got to the wrecks it was spot on all was missing was the fish

Nath had other ideas as we headed out for around 20 miles then he got site of this ferry and started to follow it told him that’s July

Not a lot happened at all found the wreck (Munster) and there was lots of it marked around 4 sections Bill dropped the trusty Boys to mark the wreck drifted for around 1 hour and had no takes at all
Dropped the anchor just to the rear and Jamie managed the only fish of the day small pouting

After this Bill decided that he wanted his Buoys back and was not playing of they set to the Mersey after 3 attempts by the old boy to pick up the boys must be hard work Nath all day

We headed of to the Stanley to give it a try again nothing at all lots of wreckage around the sea bed and there was fish as Mr seal was happy to show us

Headed back around 3.30 ish as the sun was setting it got cold, very cold on the way back seemed along run back.
Cheers Roger for the recovery and Mr. Moss for the log burner being stoked up for our return
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:44 pm

well ,,,,,,,after heading off to the mersey , we arrived as the tide was still ebbing ( just ) very quiet ,,,,,,,, fished over slack , with some lovely baits ,,, 6 lug and squid at a time ,,,,, resulting in one dab to me ,,,, 6 lug and a squid hanging out of its tiny gob,,,,,,
waited for the tide to turn and fished the first hour of the flood ,,, NOTHING ,,,,, headed back at 4.15 into a beautifull sunset ,, pics to follow .. Billy and i held hands as we watched the sun dissapear below the horizon ,,, a beautiful moment ,, lol,,,,,,,,,,,,, boat started to splutter on the way back ,, fuel was low levelled her out and managed to get home ,,,,, bloody expensive day ,, but great fun ,, cheers lads ,,,,,,,,, i think we must have covered over 75 miles today ,,,,, and geoff when we were on the 1st wreck we were only 43 miles off the isle of man ,,,,,,,,,,,, could of been there in another hour ,,,,,,, and a bit ,,, .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:45 pm

and i think im gonna get me a pet seal,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:34 pm

well done on goin all that way and catching nowt pmsl Wink Wink
mind u i went to the mersey and done the same lol scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:27 pm

mytime wrote:
well done on goin all that way and catching nowt pmsl Wink Wink
mind u i went to the mersey and done the same lol scratch

i thought you cleaned up ???????
you swine,,,, i sailed over to the mersey after doin the wreck ,,,,,, 75 bloody miles i covered yesterday cus you said you were catchin,,,,, Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:54 pm

you must of been fishing close to us yesterday Geoff, the same ferry passed us, its to early for the wrecks at this time of year, all you are doing is wasting fuel, we normally leave it till mid July onwards, a lot more fish and much better stamp........ we were on the Mersey, ended up with 9 Cod, Simon had 7, he'd also had 8 when I spoke to him earlier on today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Starting to come around Tony to the same way of thinking but when you have itch feet and you want to try you just got to try
Nothing else mate have the wrecks marked up realy good lots of structure's marked on the GPS

come the summer weekends it will be to choppy to try pale

Think of a trip around puffin this weekend if weather holds bom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:09 pm

I put as many marks as poss on a wreck but only down the length,looks something like this on your plotter
+
+ <- tide direction
+
+

this way you can see how it is lying in relation to your drift, also makes anchoring up a doddle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Cheers ony for the tips
nearly lost the anchor on the Stanley hit it just of the mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 am

there's two peices to the Stanley, the hull and the bridge, the hull lies in a deep scour and produces the better fish, I always anchor well uptide of the wreck and drop back using the plotter to measure how far I am off the wreck, remember to allow for the tide run as you need your baits to settle approx 30' infront of the wreck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)   

Back to top Go down

Stanley and the Munster (29-1-11)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-
Jump to: