sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! Empty
PostSubject: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 pm

My Mum suggested I might like something for fishing and having taken a dim view recently of my halogen headlamp I knew just what I wanted

A surprisngly small box contained the Lenser H7R, soft case, 1 set of three AAA rechargeable batteries
( the power pack opens so you can use non re-chargeable batteries)
& battery charger ( nifty design fits a mains plug socket or charge via USB)

Ordered from Veals & delivered 36 hours later.
£5 less than from Gerry's
- Gerrys were out of stock but their Sea Angler ad' said there's was the new 160 Lumen version, 170 metre range and 75 hours burn time.

I wasn't sure the Veals one would turn out to be the latest model, their website said 140 lumens
I'd seen on Ebay that the old one (lower lumens) allegedly comes in a box and the new one comes in a blister pack,

The doubt was getting on my wick but in the event it came in a box, which says 170 Lumens and claims a 180 metre range on it so I'll go with that! -Light years ahead of my old light

It's a compact unit with a quality strap ( round the head strap, battery pack at the back, no over the top of your head strap) single 3watt LED and "Cree" technology.

The front on/off push button might be a bit small for winter fingers, the sliding zoom is great and the power pack mounted dimmer control is easy with a bit of practice.

The back of the light unit looked less cushioned than my existing £30 Shakespeare unit but at 120 grammes ( again the weight claimed varies between ad' and box!) the Lenser is a whole lot lighter and more comfortable.

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! Cod151110001

Popped it on charge ( blinks green to show charging; steady green for charged was reached in only 5 minutes)
and waited eagerly for tonight's meeting of the Castwatch H7 Appreciation Society...

First knock, I struck too soon.

Second rattle, left it and wished I hadn't -another empty hook.

Third BANG! I was in to something decent and shouted Mike to get his camera ready...

It powered to the right!

It surged to the left!
Our Lensers illuminating the action as it thrashed still a good way out, fighting me all the way

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! Cod151110002

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! Cod151110004

Thanks Mum!
Very Happy

Last edited by Notbad on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Great result there mate well done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 pm

great coddo mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:48 pm

good fish Smile welldone and pics
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9179

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I had a couple of knocks and did manage a Whiting, eventually!

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! Splash_hydro-042

But it was Notbad that lit up the night sky tonight!
Worthy of a second viewing!!!!

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! Splash_hydro-040
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8072

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:03 am

Great write up Paul.

Well done on the Coddo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:50 am

Nice cod Paul Those lights are 10/10
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7229

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Nice fish Paul, what did it weigh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Well done paul thats a Cracker of a fish.

I also have the H7, a brilliant piece of kit, but be careful when your tilting the lamp as the clip is not very strong at the back of the Lamp, i had to send mine back.

I have your gloves as well, will drop off soon.

Spaceman.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Spaceman
thanks for the tip Steve -see you soon!

Terry
re weight my digital scales are inaccurate, but I think its about a 3 lber, possibly a shade more?

It might look a bit bigger on the pics ( trick of the light!) but I don't think it is quite as big as the one I had last February.

It gave me a damn good scrap -I'm still enjoying it!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:59 am

Nice cod mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Tony Lever wrote:
Nice fish....

Have you done the church spire test? geek geek geek

Started to climb it Tony but my nerve went.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!   It Powered to the right, it surged to the left! Empty

Back to top Go down

It Powered to the right, it surged to the left!
Page 1 of 1