sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

no wonder we cant catch any bass

Go down 
AuthorMessage

no wonder we cant catch any bass Empty
PostSubject: Re: no wonder we cant catch any bass   no wonder we cant catch any bass EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Untill there is a representation to WAG from a mass body of anglers. Who is going to remove it?---------------------------legally????????????????
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6170

PostSubject: Re: no wonder we cant catch any bass   no wonder we cant catch any bass EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:10 pm

No bugger is the answer steve ! and in a couple of years we will still be complaining about netteres, time to put up or shut up i think !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no wonder we cant catch any bass   no wonder we cant catch any bass EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm

6 Months ago I brought to the attention (gill nets legal or not) to 2 sea mags ( both were concerned ) but not too interested.
Also C Ruane our mp who contacted thr EA he hid under his legal umbrella.
saying they had the same right as anyone to catch fish .A local reporter said it was not "news worthy"
Any more ideas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no wonder we cant catch any bass   no wonder we cant catch any bass EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Here is a letter that I wrote a long time ago. I never did get a satisfactory answer to this problem.

Ceri Jones,
River Basin Programme Manager,
Environment Agency Wales,
Cambria House,
29 Newport Road,
CARDIFF
CF24 0TP

Dear Ceri,

Re: Consultation: Water Framework Directive – Western Wales River Basin Directive.

I have concerns with regards to the amount of information, which is by far too much for the average layman to take in. As well as having an interest in fresh water fishing, I also have an interest in salt water conservation as well. I should explain that I own and run a conservation website, and run a conservation section on the largest and oldest kayak fishing web site in the UK. I am also involved in the “Campaign for the protection of Welsh fisheries” I have a combined readership in access of 25000 members, and a combined hit rate on the sites of an estimated 50000, and so as you can see I have a vested interest.

I understand that Wag are absorbing the duties of the sea fishing committees, both northern and southern, quite how they are going to do this is beyond me. They should be looking for allies in the marine environment, and not alienating the recreational sea anglers as they are now.

It is understood that what I am going to talk about is technically legal, but morally wrong.

We allow boats of under 10 meters to lay nets up to the high tide mark, completely depleting the marine environment in shallow water. We also allow gill netters to lay nets along our coastline at will. Some are legal, most are not. But again this is just so damaging to sea fishing industry, and the local coastal economies. I have had comments from members of the forums quite clearly stating that they will not be coming back to Wales for their summer fishing holiday, because while sitting at Llandudno beach (something that is looked forward to for the year preceding) a fishing boat of under 10 meters laid nets within casting distance of the beech in front of the angler. I questioned the angler about his situation, when he comes to Wales every year, he brings the family with him, that’s the wife and his 2 children. He estimated that for his 2 week holiday he spends in the region of £2500. This is only one angler, and its every year.

I would ask that you carry out a survey to find out just how much revenue is contributed by the commercial fishing sector, and by this I mean the licensed, and unlicensed net boats of under 10 meters, and how much revenue is gained from the gill netters in the form of income tax, I would wager that it wouldn’t amount to the income of 10 summer holiday anglers and their families each year.

I know that WAG is going to go with the national directive with regards to MCZ’s and MPA’s. Although this is going to be better then nothing at all happening. But WAG could take the lead in the UK by taking conservation one step further, and declaring a no commercial fishing zone a “Golden Mile” no commercial activity at all in a one mile zone from the high tide mark. Please look at the link for a fuller explanation.

http://conservationmatters.proboards.com....isplay&thread=8

Anglers now are starting to become organised, such as the “Angling trust” and fish legal in England. We here in Wales are in the first throws of bringing all of the angling disciplines together. I would therefore ask you to take into account that the combined voting strength of the Game anglers, sea fisherman, and the fresh waterman is considerable, and should not just be dismissed lightly

I will of course be publishing this letter along with any replies on the forums that I am involved with. I look forward to the outcome in the hope that we can together find a mutually beneficial solution to our problems.

With regards

Steve Pettit
Email seajunky007@aol.com

Website involvements
http://conservationmatters.proboards.com/index.cgi
http://zebrakayak.proboards.com/index.cgi
http://www.cpwf.co.uk/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no wonder we cant catch any bass   no wonder we cant catch any bass Empty

Back to top Go down

no wonder we cant catch any bass
Page 1 of 1