sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground    Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Managed to get out in the end after the wheel falling of the trailer but that’s another story. Thanks to Billy Buoy and John Clark for stopping and helping put it back together.

Had bacon butty to get over the shock of a wheel passing me not so long ago it was the boat mite be a theme going on?

Any way launched had a chat with Sea Jay and popped down to Talacre to put in a few marks in the new GPS then
Shot back to the rough ground for a bit of fishing,we anchored about 200yds of the post (Rough ground) and in line with it.
First fish was to Tracey as usual small whiting about 4 inch long then it was non stop for around 2hrs in total we managed 1 dog 1 flounder 15 whiting and 20 small codling from 10 inch to around 16inch biggest was around 1 ½ pound
Fished with fluorescent tube rigs and silver shrimp lures tipped with frozen worm and mackerel run out of worms in the end wife kept nicking them as I pulled the anchor and she caught the last fish ended 18 to Tracey and 17 to me
Good sign for the future with the coddling been a few years since we have had any in numbers, hope to get out next weekend with some big bates and give it a try for some larger codo's fingers crossed

Hope the wheel stays on this time as well

Venue - Prestatyn rough ground
Bait - Frozen Lug
Duration - 3 hrs
Weather - Light wind but bloody cold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground    Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:16 pm

nice 1 geoff,nice to hear that the codling are there mate.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6700

PostSubject: Re: Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground    Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Exciting times Geoff!
Could be a good Winter!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground    Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:30 pm

fairziff wrote:
Exciting times Geoff!
Could be a good Winter!

fingers crossed matey save a trip down the Mersey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground    Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:39 pm

geoff wrote:
fairziff wrote:
Exciting times Geoff!
Could be a good Winter!

fingers crossed matey save a trip down the Mersey

mersey fishing well Geoff. plenty of quality dabs and whiting, l,s,ds', rays and cod, friday we had 21 rays, 3 cod, saturday, 17 rays and sunday, 34 rays, 11 cod and a whiting well over 2 lb ( my pc is poorly so i'll send a picture to mike, hopefully he'll post it for me )
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6700

PostSubject: Re: Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground    Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:56 pm

anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
( my pc is poorly so i'll send a picture to mike, hopefully he'll post it for me )

Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground    

Back to top Go down

Just of the post at prestatyn rough ground
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-
Jump to: