Go down 
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13660

A degree of excitement Empty
PostSubject: A degree of excitement   A degree of excitement EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Rhyl Saturday 7 February 2009

A looksee this morning revealed a northerly wind and a very promising surf.

Reached the water's edge about 4pm, soon after the tide had turned, hopeful that recent Rhyl blank reports were about to change.

First thing I did was to check the temperature, inside my floatie the thermometer made it a cosy 10 degrees; suspended on the tripod the dial quickly dropped to 5 degrees.

We offered fresh lug plus squid, mackerel and a peeler Mehmet had been given the night before.

A degree of excitement Feb709

The onshore wind brought the tide in at quite a pace, a couple of times I opened the bail arm and retreated further and faster than usual paying out line as I went until I had only a couple of turns of line on the Surfmaster 850's spool -so the bait must have been about 250 yards away, Winding 200 grammes of lead all the way back and feeling it make contact with the top of the sandbanks en route induced a precious moment or two of,
"couldn't be a fish could it?" excitement.

We packed in at 7.30pm the only movement being on the thermometer, now down to 3 degrees.

C'mon you bass, when will I see you again?

Last edited by Notbad on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

A degree of excitement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: