sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:10 pm

After my previous posts in pursuit of a decent bass session I got a PM from Jason (mytime) asking me aboard for a session on Saturday morning.
With a late night the night before (a drawback of working shifts) and an early start of 5am from Prestatyn sailing club, some caffene was in order in the form of a big can of relentless.... Shocked bounce bounce bounce
I had a good feeling about this trip. I'd heard a few good roumors about Jason and his bass stalking skills from friends and had also seen the odd report.

With a beautiful sunrise and a quick dash down the beach I was greeted by this stunning sunrise

With the sun now getting higher as was the tide we were off to our first mark, Quickly... In fact so quick that my favourite sunglasses were whipped off my face and sent down to Davey Jones' locker..... Not happy, squinting and hanging on as we bombed along the coast I thought to myself. "F*%£ B*^%&%£^ S^*^$" Evil or Very Mad
Just kidding. To be honest i was gutted but I soon forgot all about it. Luckily Jason had a spare pare and I was no longer squinting.

Boats either side of us were dotted along the bank chosen by Jason. One slight tap on the rod resulted in a nice looking flounder. Lovely fish but not what we are looking for.

By now i could almost smell the burning as Jason was thinking and planning his next move and saying " I aint gonna be happy unless you catch a decent bass!!".....

Off we set at warp speed..... Blimey those boats dont look the quickest but I was hanging on for dear life bombing along with a huge smile on my face Very Happy

We got set up Just past Talacre where I grew up. Was actually quite nice to see the lighthouse from the sea for the first time. Strangely enough I grew up there but never actually gave it a fair go at fishing.

Considered getting my camera out and taking a few snaps..........

But there was no time to waste as within the first ten minutes there was a slight tap on one of the rods, followed by a big ol' thump...... Fish on!

Biggest grin ever! If there was a little more room on the boat I'd have been dancing around and doing my best Ace Ventura Impression...... AAAAAAAAAAALRIGHTY THEN!!!!

Then another.
And another.

Things were getting very interesting and by now even the bass stalker himself was playing a few decent fish. Even managed to get a pose for a quick snap. Smile

By now we were doing quite well on the bass. Even quite proud to say that anything smaller than the fish ruler went back to swim another day. cheers cheers

As the fishing eased off here we decided to head back towards Prestatyn over some rough ground...

We overshot the mark a little but decided on taking a chance. All was quiet until the tide started to turn and Jason let out a little rope on the anchor and all of a sudden the fish were on the feed.

All in all I had an amazing day. Plenty of sunshine and fish. Great company and a little added adrenaline as we skipped along the waves

I've been chasing bass all along the north wales coast and never tried the two places i know the best, right on my own doorstep!!! D'oh!

Thanks for an excellent day Jason. Most definately the best days bass fishing ever! Just wish I had taken more pics but I was having too much fun to take more Very Happy

Looking forward to next time.

P.S: if anyone catches a bass wearing a pair of Oakley sun glasses tell the B*%^%d to give em back to me or ill set Jason on it!! ha ha lol!

Last edited by Cambodian on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

cracking report cam,told you that you would enjoy it,and boy that boat goes like stink,had a nice bass off jas that night,im glad them worms did the job as well!!!!!

tight lines matey Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6700

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Amazing report Cam!

Fishing sessions don't come much better than that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 pm

cam i went back out after and got another 3 silvers couldnt resist it the fish were just calling lol! lol! lol!
glad u enjoyed your day i know i did cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Wot you like......

Mind you I could see you were toying with the idea of going out again.

one word

LEGEND!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Wormy wrote:
cracking report cam,told you that you would enjoy it,and boy that boat goes like stink,had a nice bass off jas that night,im glad them worms did the job as well!!!!!

tight lines matey Cool Cool Cool

Yeah they sure did

Cant see Jason lettin me on with sandy worms again tho.. Bloody everywhere lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:17 pm

youll have to take a brush and pan with you mate What a Face Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Wormy wrote:
youll have to take a brush and pan with you mate What a Face Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yeah innit just

lol!
Back to top Go down
joker44
Legend

Number of posts : 1601
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4750

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:44 pm

fantastic mate
Back to top Go down
mickfish
Octopus Hunter

Number of posts : 673
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3720

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

Great report good to see the silvers
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter

Number of posts : 744
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3686

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 am

Great report Cam !

Lucky sod !
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Wolf Fish Hunter

Number of posts : 1895
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5438

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Great report Cam, well done to you and to Jason for putting you on the fish. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:23 pm

well done lads .......
you did better than us .... glad to see jase remembers everything i taught him ....... lol,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:04 pm

cracking report cam .... jay truly is the local bass-master ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:29 pm

try and get out tomoz wiv a bit of luck bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 pm

well done to you both. excellent report/pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!   

Back to top Go down

Making the most of mytime on my own doorstep!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-
Jump to: