Me too,

I don't eat fish anyway!
you got to catch some thing worth eating first paul .............lol
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:11 am

Tony Lever wrote:
Time to stir up some debate. Shocked

How many of you Sea anglers would continue fishing if the taking of all sea fish was banned in the UK.......

I would. geek

When they bring in the sea fishing license, won't that have the same effect? people giving it up Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:10 pm

NO TO THE FISHING LICENSE

ALL THOSE IN FAVOUR OF SAID LICENSE NEED TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES

WHO IS GONNA POLICE IT FOR ONE
2 WHERE WOULD THE MONEY GO?????????????????
BET THE FISHING WONT IMPROVE

CANT BE BOTHERED WITH ANY MORE
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:10 pm

Tony Lever wrote:
Time to stir up some debate. Shocked

How many of you Sea anglers would continue fishing if the taking of all sea fish was banned in the UK.......

I would. geek

Well that worked!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Sea fishing or worm drowning !   Controversial EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 am

I do not take fish home, I do if i buy them from Sainsburys, fillited and breadcrumbed, the couse fishermen or should I say fisherpersons, are licenced,does that licence money go to enhancing the fishing venues, or back to the government, time will tell. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:07 pm

cant see the point of sticking a hook in a fish dragging it through the water and then lifting it by its flesh by the hook in to the air, handling it with dry hands and then throwing it back into the water unless you are going to eat one thats big enough to take ,THINK OF THE PAIN THE FISH GOES THROUGH FOR YOUR PLEASURE ...........LOL
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:15 pm

Phil
I have promiced that I will not be politicly active on this site. But I will say that the MCZ's (marine conservation zones) and the MPA's (Marine protected areas) are coming. Some of the areas will be declared as no commercial fishing areas. Other areas will be no take zones. From passed experiences of the MPA's have dromaticly improved inshore fishing in the areas surrounding these zones. These will have to be financed from somewhere. Maybe the license monies might be used in this way. What with the national and global fincial situation as it is you can be sure the the government will be looking at any way they can think of to raise funds.
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:00 am

seajunky wrote:
Phil
I have promiced that I will not be politicly active on this site. But I will say that the MCZ's (marine conservation zones) and the MPA's (Marine protected areas) are coming. Some of the areas will be declared as no commercial fishing areas. Other areas will be no take zones. From passed experiences of the MPA's have dromaticly improved inshore fishing in the areas surrounding these zones. These will have to be financed from somewhere. Maybe the license monies might be used in this way. What with the national and global fincial situation as it is you can be sure the the government will be looking at any way they can think of to raise funds.

this thread isnt a secret poll is it Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm

No Steve, it's only my thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:13 pm

You wanted controversy, you got it lol!
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6153

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 pm

gladiator wrote:
all i will say to this licence rubbish is whoever ask me for mine had better know how to swim Evil or Very Mad

Why, you gonna throw your self hystericaly into the sea mate and need rescueing ?

On to the srious side, I can see this licence comming in over the next couple of years or so, and yes I would pay it. For only one reason, it would be the law and we would not have any choice, allthough I cant realy see how they can police it !

Yes, they cant send everyone to jail, but if you where the poor sod that got caught ?
It stinks, but we will have o live with it.

Its a bit like the fresh water licence, get caught without one and you face a £1000 fine, but mug an old lady (when you have a record) and you get sent to north wales canoeing for 2 weeks, where is the justice in that ?

Rant over
Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 am

Tony

It looks like the protection for Irish bass is under threat, have a look at this.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0308/1224265792478.html

The Irish Times - Monday, March 8, 2010
Concern over possible new threat to bass stock
ACCORDING to usually reliable resources, the Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Tony Killeen, may be facing challenges for the withdrawal of the conservation ban on commercial bass fishing.

From an angling perspective, even the suggestion of a reversal should be sufficient to arouse the strongest possible lobby to ensure the existing order stays intact. Bass is a highly prized and valuable species and a major attraction for home-based and overseas anglers.

In 1990, the then Minister for Marine, John Wilson, announced tough measures aimed at conserving bass because stocks had dropped dramatically and were at a dangerously low level. Happily, these restrictions still apply today.

The measures included a complete ban on commercial fishing by fishing boats and on the use of nets for bass fishing and a complete ban on the sale of bass (except for imported bass).

Tough measures were also imposed on anglers with a minimum size limit of 40cm; introduction of a bag limit of two bass per person per 24-hour period and a close season extending from May 15th to June 15th of each year.

Commercial fishing for the species was blamed for the decline; reports of 200 tonnes brought in by commercial boats from the Kerry coastline were well founded. Exportation to Europe had become a lucrative business.

Ireland's indigenous bass population is slow-growing and late maturing compared with European stocks. Bass can be up to eight years old before spawning for the first time and more than 20 years old at 4.5kg (10lb) weight. Their vulnerability is increased by the fact that Ireland is at the northern limit of its range and there are many years when our waters are too cold for successful spawning.

In 1997 these conservation measures came under attack from the commercial sector. At the time, the Minister of State at the Department of Marine, Eamon Gilmore, fought to maintain existing standards despite a growing lobby to have them abolished.

Following this outstanding effort to defend any attack on bass stocks, Gilmore received the W Rawles Memorial Award from the English-based Bass Anglers' Sportfishing Society, which also has members in France and the Channel Islands.

The award was indeed an extraordinary expression of gratitude from an overseas body of anglers to a country that is mindful of its tourists and aware of the importance of promoting and protecting this valuable bass as a sustainable angling resource.

"The contribution by Minister Gilmore will be felt for years to come and will show there is a way to use a resource without causing its demise," said journalist and bass expert Bob Moss, when presenting the W Rawles award.

At last month's Irish Specimen Fish Awards, Dr Edward Fahy spoke eloquently on the absolute need to maintain the suite of bass conservation measures already in place. He said it was clear it could not be sustainably managed for commercial purposes, largely due to its behaviour. Instead, it has been successfully managed as a recreational species.

"Commercial exploitation is not the best use of this resource. The Federation of Irish Fishermen is going through hard times because they have fished down virtually every other species. I appeal to anglers to make representations to their councillors, TDs and ministers to ask that the current status of bass remains untouched and that the law be enforced," he said.

"Fish stocks of Ireland are for the people of Ireland and should not be reserved for the powerful and politically well-connected," Fahy said.

Dr William Roche, fisheries biologist with the Central Fisheries Board, said the science, in terms management of bass, in Ireland is limited with regard to the data availability. Angling on a mainly catch and release basis (very limited take) is sustainable. Historical evidence suggests that commercial fishing is not, he said.

Further details at www.irishbass.org.

And Sir Ian There is nothing wrong with a "Mass debate" lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial   Controversial Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: