sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update netting from press

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Update netting from press Empty
PostSubject: Update netting from press   Update netting from press EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:48 am

Here is the response from a local press reporter after I explained what was going on at our beaches this was before the latest photos which he now has I sent this morning, I think now is a good time to pressurise him and any other medias .
I will call him today A few more call should wake him up

I've spoken to the Welsh Assembly - they've taken over duties which were previously those of the Fisheries Agency.

They said that some people were advised of the illegalities of gill netting at Splash Point and advised to move elsewhere. As they said it was a one off case and this kind of netting is legal in other places on the coast it would not become newsworthy unless the problem persisted.

As it stands it just seems to be that the people you saw were unaware of the rules in this area - the rules for gill netting in particular seem to be quite complex. They have told me they'd keep me informed with any further cases involving gill netting at Rhyl.

Is netting of this kind something you have witnessed often at this point on the coast?

Many thanks for your help,
Ian

Ian Lloyd Hughes
Multimedia Journalist
North Wales News
Trinity Mirror North Wales
01492 574 342
07771 345 666
Back to top Go down

Update netting from press
Page 1 of 1