5 posters
AuthorMessage
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7220

Another gill net victim ? Empty
PostSubject: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:17 pm

I don`t know how true this is, but I heard earlier on that a dead or dying dolphin or porpoise had been washed up between Splash Point and the Ffrith today.
It makes you wonder doesn`t it ?
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13655

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:35 pm

I was told last weekend that a porpoise had been caught in a net near Pensarn, again don't know for certain.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9170

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:34 am

Sad news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Notbad wrote:
I was told last weekend that a porpoise had been caught in a net near Pensarn, again don't know for certain.

Seen a picture of a baby porpoise, 20lb ish tope, half a dozen mullet and a bass, all dead and rotting, on another forum,
said it was off pensarn
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8063

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Has anyone thought of sending this to the local papers?
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Alan Yates at Sea Angler magazine might be able to use it. alankyates@aol is his e-mail address. I`ve tried copying it off here but i must be doing something wrong or I`m just thick scratch
Back to top Go down
doofer
Tompot Blenny Hunter
doofer

Number of posts : 18
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5555

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:17 am

Porpoises, Dolphins and Whales (Cetaceans) are a designated Protected Species in the UK and Europe.

I hope the Netters have informed the relevant authorities they have caused the death of a Protected Species, not doing so may make them liable to quite substantial Penalties...

ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13655

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:56 am

squidward wrote:
Alan Yates at Sea Angler magazine might be able to use it. alankyates@aol is his e-mail address. I`ve tried copying it off here but i must be doing something wrong or I`m just thick scratch

Right click on the pic and select save as..

worked for me. Might be copyright issues on the image ??????
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8063

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:14 am

Ive just spoke to Phil Capper.

He is aware of the Porpoise. He says it was about 3 weeks ago and was sent away for post mortem.

I told him about the discarded net ive heard about at the Point and he said he will be down to have a look. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:20 pm

well done kev
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Roger Mortimore TSF mag now has the images and has responded, like us he is sickened by it Lets hope he has some clout as they say I will update with any news
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:55 pm

with the porpoise in the net dont think they would have found it till it got washed up
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:54 pm

I`ve sent the picture and a brief report on the local gill net situation to Alan Yates at Sea Angler, I`ll let you know what I hear back from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:00 am

Lets hope he is more active than Roger Mortimore "keep us informed was the reply"........The same images and report have gone to Chris Ruane our mp the more e-mails he gets the better chance of a good response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another gill net victim ?   Another gill net victim ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another gill net victim ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: