2 posters
AuthorMessage
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6148

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli Empty
PostSubject: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:07 pm

I met Gladiator and a mate from the WSF forum (coaster24) for a mad one around Pwllheli.

I left the house at 3:30am and arrived at the Marina Pwllheli at just gone 5:00am, within 10 minutes I had 2 rods in the water, and within another 5 minutes had my 1st bite (but didnt hook it up).

Gladiator arrived about 5:30am and we both started to Knock the doggies daft !

Coaster turned upm about 7:00am and it wasnt long before he joined in, from the start to when we left (around 8:30am it was doggie city).

It was also weed city ! every cast resulted in bringing back loads of weed as well as the doggies.

We decided to head for the Golf Club end of the Beach (as I have in the past found weed less of a problem there than the Marina end)

WRONG !!

We fished there till around 1pm and the weed was horrendous, the only fish to be caught was a double header of doggies by me.

Time to pack in and head for Criccieth to fish down to low water and back up, on getting out of the motors we looked at the sea, and if anything the weed was worse. After a quick meeting we decided to give the Machine gun nest at Borth Y Guest a go, Ive never fished there to low water before (allways 2 hrs up and 2 down), the curent was as strong as ever and we struggled to hold bottom, Glad left around 4pm, and I decided to stay and use up my ragworm, then it started to rain (the proper stuff) after an hour so I decided a beer on the settee was the best idea !

Photo's will be put up on tuesday when I get to work (have to do something when I get there).

Tight lines
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:17 pm

well done lads
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9159

PostSubject: Re: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Great report Ian.
Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Super report Ian.

Nice pictures Glads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:23 pm

I wonder if this is your jellyfish?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/53/22/532228_b1648fde.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/532228&h=480&w=640&sz=134&tbnid=Mx4ltrv4_2hTOM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dblue%2Bjellyfish&hl=en&usg=__Ftug1hj80tjZ6DyhCnLJ6CBf-yE=&ei=oNveS7__Bo6hsQbbtcDDBw&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=4&ct=image&ved=0CA8Q9QEwAw
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Yes it was one of them mate !
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:43 am

Heres the pics im the marina

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10007

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10008

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10004

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10003

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10002

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10001

Heres the jelly fish off the beach

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10009

Heres Borth Y Gest

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10010

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli PwllheliSat01-05-10006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli   Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli Empty

Back to top Go down

Not quite as mad as we planned mad one round Pwllheli
Page 1 of 1