sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tuesday pudding club

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Tuesday pudding club Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 pm

After yesterdays lunch club a pudding club followed Tony was in with a good flounder
Tuesday pudding club 2004_0114Image10004
Cameron was wrestling with a dab not sure of the outcome I think it was a pin-down hold
Tuesday pudding club 2004_0114Image10005
As usual no bites or fish for me( I must un-blank before feb)
Phil the bill arrived for a visit
Simon also fished 5 in all and a good time was had
Tuesday pudding club 2004_0114Image10002
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6140

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:15 pm

nice one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Well done on getting out again.

Topman Tony, i've alot to learn mate.

Smile
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9151

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Well done everyone.

A cracking Flounder there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:59 pm

good report/pics well done all
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7201

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:53 pm

Daytime flounder from the point! It`s almost like the good old days.

But then deja vu isn`t as good as it used to be is it?
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9151

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:10 pm

squidward wrote:
Daytime flounder from the point! It`s almost like the good old days.

How did it used to fish in the summer?
Any chance of something interesting?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

I knew that Mike "Fairziff caught a whiting in there last year sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 5:46 am

Tony Lever wrote:
anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
Tony Lever wrote:
One of the best fish I've caught from Rhyl was a 3 1/2lb Plaice............... from the Marine Lake. geek
now thats a venue I bet very few forum members would have known about

It was nearly 45 years ago, John Povah had had the idea of turning the Marine Lake into a fishing lake with day tickets etc. Most of the boat skippers would bring back live fish from the boat trips and put them in the lake. At the time they didn't drain it every winter so they thrived in there. It had a good head of flatties, whiting, codling mullet, although I don't remember catching any doggies in there. We used to go down with coarse tackle and float fish "The Well" catch a load of dabs, keep them in a keep net, and put them back at the end of the session. The day I caught the Plaice I was spinning for a Salmon. for those who can remember, our salmon stocks were devastated in the 60's by a disease called Columnaris. somebody had caught one of these fish and instead of destroying it had put it in the lake. I was spinning with a No3 Mepps hoping to catch it , whenI got a hit. I thought it was the salmon, but was quite surprised when I realised I hooked a Plaice. I can remember taking it to the Marina Garage to have it weighed. Joan Spiller, the owner refused to weigh it, she said I caught it "dragging" down the river. It wasn't in particularly good condition, if it had been, it probably would have gone well over 4lb. Unfortunately John Povah couldn't convince Rhyl Council that a fishing lake was a good Idea, and within a couple of years the Lake was drained and the fish dissappeared...... or have they?????
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com/?p=793#more-793

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes not much of a suprise tony that john couldnt convince rhyl council that it was a good idea No No No they only listened to ideas that spent thousands of pounds and were doomed from the start for example the super dooper monorail , the childrens village,to name a couple Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:12 am

Some great stories there chaps of days gone by.

Thanks very much.

Steve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Tony Lever wrote:
Steve, did you come into our shop yesterday (Caldo Rhuddlan) I didn't see you but one of the lads said you were there.
yes i was in the shop needed some waterproof grease .
a lot of the fish that were put into the marine lake came from when we were shrimping at the time you wernt required to have a veil in the net so everything had to be riddled and sorted by hand.i bet you can remember getting buckets full of king ragworm from there aswell used to sell ours to william roberts Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday pudding club   Tuesday pudding club Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuesday pudding club
Page 1 of 1