5 posters
AuthorMessage
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9170

The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Foolish as I am, I have had a wager with Mark (Clueless too) for the sum of £1.

It's the Pier vs The Mersey Charter!

The Prestatyn Sailing Club lads are out in the Mersey with Steve on Supreme.
Meanwhile we have a Llandudno Pier meet.
The bet is simple..........
Biggest fish wins!
The single biggest fish from any of the lads on Supreme vs the single biggest fish landed on the Pier!

Without getting overrun with terms and conditions, a weight would be expected from either venue, a photo would also be nice Smile

The charter lads will be on the lookout for a decent Cod, although a Ray or Conger may take it. Failing that, Dabs and Whiting could be all that is required to take the spoils.

Meanwhile, on the Pier, Conger would probably be the most likely specimen, although Huss, Rays or Codling could give us a chance.
Pollock, Whiting, Dabs, Rockling, Dogfish could also put us in the frame if all things don't go to plan further East.

Report wise, it all kicks off in this thread when Mark places a report of the Mersey proceedings here on his return tomorrow evening.
Using the latest in Satellite technology, well, a Nokia 5800 actually, I hope to keep you all informed of the action on the Pier as it happens.(6pm till 2am)

I've got the drop net packed and ready to go so weather(and technology) permitting, it's Game On!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8063

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Some of our lads were out on Goldilocks today and said the fishing was crap.

A doggie off the Pier could be the winning fish!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:21 pm

Right behind you mike. 50p will buy a worm or 2 lol!
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 pm

seajunky wrote:
Right behind you mike. 50p will buy a worm or 2 lol!

Good stuff Steve!
Don't forget those big hooks Smile
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7122

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Theres a monster under that pier you know Laughing .

I was planning on bringing my conger rod anyway. Just hope the snow does not mean the session is called off.

Hope your landing net has a rope long enough to reach the water. Brings back memories of happy days on a birthday meet for that now departed forum ... think it was firetip who had and lost a big ray because the rope didn't reach the water at low tide.

Mind you, based on our session at colwyn bay yesterday night (four rockling between three of us No ) the landing net is just wishfull thinking on my part.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:21 am

I'm hoping for thick fog tomorrow, lifting at around 6ish Smile
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9927

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:12 am

Good luck lads Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:00 am

is there room for one more on the pier ?????
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:26 am

joker44 wrote:
is there room for one more on the pier ?????

Currently room for 2.

1 place is your's Joker.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13655

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:28 am

fairziff wrote:
Foolish as I am, I have had a wager with Mark (Clueless too) for the sum of £1.

It's the Pier vs The Mersey Charter!

The Prestatyn Sailing Club lads are out in the Mersey with Steve on Supreme.
Meanwhile we have a Llandudno Pier meet.
The bet is simple..........
Biggest fish wins!
The single biggest fish from any of the lads on Supreme vs the single biggest fish landed on the Pier!

Without getting overrun with terms and conditions, a weight would be expected from either venue, a photo would also be nice Smile

The charter lads will be on the lookout for a decent Cod, although a Ray or Conger may take it. Failing that, Dabs and Whiting could be all that is required to take the spoils.

Meanwhile, on the Pier, Conger would probably be the most likely specimen, although Huss, Rays or Codling could give us a chance.
Pollock, Whiting, Dabs, Rockling, Dogfish could also put us in the frame if all things don't go to plan further East.

Report wise, it all kicks off in this thread when Mark places a report of the Mersey proceedings here on his return tomorrow evening.
Using the latest in Satellite technology, well, a Nokia 5800 actually, I hope to keep you all informed of the action on the Pier as it happens.(6pm till 2am)

I've got the drop net packed and ready to go so weather(and technology) permitting, it's Game On!!!!!!!

My Conger Rod is ready!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:49 am

So is mine flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:28 am

Good luck to you all and may Cod be with you Laughing
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Sadly..........................
Due to the weather forecast, the pier trip has been cancelled.
Hopefully we'll rearrange another date in the near future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:23 pm

fairziff wrote:
Sadly..........................
Due to the weather forecast, the pier trip has been cancelled.
Hopefully we'll rearrange another date in the near future.

Sorry to hear that Mike.

Hopefully will be recovered for the next one if you can book it.

Keep me and ritchie on your list mate.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Get well soon Spaceman!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009   The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pier vs The Mersey Charter Challenge - 29th December 2009
Page 1 of 1